Wednesday, February 9, 2011

How-to: Accent nails (Black & Gold)

The latest hype: accent nails. TiffanyD did a video and blogpost on them NikkieTutorials had accent nails in her last video, so of course I needed to try it out. Accent nails is painting all your nails in a simple colour except for your ring finger, on that nail you paint a crazy, glittery, shimmery colour, a colour that really stands out. You could also do it with a different finger but I like it best on the ring finger, since I never wear rings this is a nice alternative. This is what I came up with:


This is how I did it:
1. Paint a base coat over all your nails to prevent staining. I used a really cheap drugstore one from Etos.
2. Paint all your nails in a simple colour, except for your ‘’accent nail’’. I decided to go with black, I used a cheap drugstore brand called Essence, colour 20 Fatal. I needed 2 coats to make it opaque.
3. Paint your accent nail in a crazy, glittery, shimmery colour. I used OPI’s Rising Star from their Burlesque collection. A lovely bronze gold colour.

It’s a piece of cake!
Do you like/love/hate this? Will you try this out? If you do post in a link in the comments, I would love to see your take on this!

xoxo Kelly

1 comment:

Lisanne said...

Hi Kelly!
i really LOVE it!
i'm deffinitely going to try this!
( maybe it's with you )
i think you write amazing articles!
xx Lisanne ( or for you wolliebollie)