Sunday, January 16, 2011

Review: Urban Decay Naked Palette














Yeah, I got my hands on it! It wasn’t easy to find but I have it: the Urban Decay Naked Palette. I have it for over a month now and I’ve tried all the colours so I thought I share my opinion with you.

Eyeshadows:
Virgin: A very, very light shimmery nude colour. I love using this as a brow bone highlight or to light up the inner tear duct.
Sin: A frosty pale pink. (Permanent)
Naked: A matte medium brown. Perfect for blending out darker colours or nice for in the crease. (Permanent)
Sidecar: A very shimmery light brown.
Buck: A matte darker brown. This colour is a bit darker than naked, I like using this colour in the crease.
Half Baked: A shimmery gold. Perfect for all over the lid. (Permanent)
Smog: A shimmery dark brown/bronze colour. (Permanent)
Darkhorse: A dark chocolate brown.
Toasted: A shimmery brown/pink. A very original colour, I like using this all over the lid. (Permanent)
Hustle: A shimmery dark plummy brown.
Creep: A dark blue/black with silver shimmer. I like to use this to line my upper lid with when I have a more nude look.
Gunmetal: A blue/grey with silver shimmer. (Permanent)

The eyeshadows all feel very soft and are very pigmented. The swatches are all done without a base. This palette is amazing! For my eyes I can just grab this one palette and I have everything I need. Some of the shades are permanently available so if you love any of those shades you could also buy it separately.



24/7 Glide-on Pencils:
Zero: Black.
Whiskey: Dark brown.

The 24/7 Glide on Pencils are very soft and creamy.

You can use the Urban Decay 24/7 Glide on Pencils on your waterline.













 This set also comes with a mini Urban Decay Primer Potion. Probably the most famous primer. I´ve tried it and it makes my eyeshadows last all day and it doesn´t crease on me.


Overall:
+ A lot of eyeshadows you can combine perfectly. You can create a lot of looks just using this one palette.
+ Comes with a primer.
+ Comes with 2 eyeliners.
+ Comes with a mirror.
- Packaging is brown velvet. It looks sophisticated but you should be careful with it. Powder products stick to it and it better not to get it near any wet surfaces.

So in my opinion this palette is definitely worth the money. I bought it in Oxford, England at Boots. I paid £27.50 for it.

xoxo Kelly

1 comment:

Mitchin said...

Dit is ook een hele gave palette! Ik ben een grote "nude" fan en dit is gewoon een perfecte alles-in-een!