Thursday, February 17, 2011

MAC Peacocky Review: Mega Metal Eyeshadows (Tweet-me, Paparazz-she, Noir Plum)

So on the first day the MAC Peacocky collection came out I bought 3 Mega Metal Eyeshadows. I first wanted some time to play around with these new products before I review them so I know what I'm talking about because I want to give you my honest thoughts on the product. I’ve had the time to play around with these gorgeous eyeshadows so now it’s time to share my opinion with you all.

 Packaging:
The first thing I can say about the packaging is that it’s way bigger than a normal MAC eyeshadow. The Mega Metal Eyeshadows contain3.4 grams and the normal MAC eyeshadows contain 1.5 grams. That’s more than double the amount of product! The packaging is the normal MAC black packaging. Because of their size you can’t depot them and put them in a MAC palette.
MAC Mega Metal Eyeshadows
f.l.t.r. Paparazz-she, Tweet me, Noir Plum
 Formula:
These new eyeshadows feel so smooth and apply so easily, when applied over a base, and I recommend always using a base, the metallic shine becomes very noticeable. The eyeshadows are really pigmented, Paparazz-she is the most pigmented while Noir Plum needed more layers to be opaque, or as dark and smokey as in the pot.
Size comparison f.l.t.r. MAC eyeshadow, MAC Mega Metal
Eyeshadow, MAC Mineralize eyeshadow, MAC blush
Colour:
Noir Plum: A gorgeous plum purple with a faint silver metallic finish.
Paparazz-she: A very pigmented coppery-orange with metallic finish.
Tweet me: A melon-peach colour with a metallic gold finish.
Swatches f.l.t.r. Tweet me, Paparazz-she, Noir Plum
Left side: no base. Right side: over MAC Painterly Paint Pot
Price/Quality:
Like I mentioned before, these eyeshadows contain more than double the amount of a normal MAC eyeshadow, but you only have to pay 5 Euros more. A normal MAC eyeshadows cost €15,00 and the Mega Metal Eyeshadows cost €20,00. I say deal! Because I’ve never finished a normal size MAC eyeshadow I doubt that I will ever finish a Mega Metal Eyeshadow.
 Overall:
+ Good pigmentation
+ 15 colours available (neutrals and bright colours)
+ Will last you a very long time
- Limited edition
- Great deal pricewise
- Can’t store them in a palette

Have you bought any of the Mega Metal Eyeshadows? Do like them? Why (not)? Please let me know in the comments!

xoxo Kelly

1 comment:

Deb said...

Noir plum is definitely a must have! Love purples!